"Bioengineering Mass Transport and Systems" Courseware
Download free courseware for Bioengineering Mass Transport and Systems from the University of Washington.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
This course is designed to reinforce and provide in‐depth, hands‐on exploration of the topics related to Mass Transport and Kinetics in Biological Systems and Bioengineering Systems and Control. Lab projects involve the analysis and control of linear and nonlinear systems, including both ODE and PDE solution approaches. Labs involve practical applications in bioengineering such as mass transport, electrical systems, enzyme kinetics, and control systems. In addition to wet‐lab and instrumentation‐based experiments, emphasis will also be placed on computational analysis of the systems and acquired data.
- Ability to use a model to predict an outcome and carry out experiments to validate predictions.
- Ability to use statistics to determine how noise in data affects system analysis.
- Ability to implement a feedback controller.
- Ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams to complete projects.
- Ability to document experimental findings.