Corporate Development Manager
The Corporate Development Manager will be focused on sourcing, evaluating, and executing growth opportunities for MathWorks. This role will be part of the Corporate Development team and work closely with senior management and development leadership across MathWorks on acquisitions, licensing and partnering in selected areas of interest based on strategic priorities. This role will report to the Vice President of Corporate Development at MathWorks.
- Evaluate and develop market landscapes to better understand competitive dynamics and growth potential.
- Source, conduct outreach, evaluate, and prioritize targets with strategic fit.
- Maintain relationships with selected targets over time.
- Participate in preliminary assessments of actionable transactions that fit our criteria.
- Build and develop financial models to analyze investment cases.
- Develop materials to summarize and articulate growth opportunities for review by senior management.
- Participate and provide leadership in all aspects of acquisition process including due diligence, negotiation, purchase agreements and close process.
- Prepare and manage appropriate communications both internally and with external audiences.
- Assist in preparing integration plans and with selected integration activities.
- Prepare performance summaries of acquisitions over the long-term.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- 12+ years relevant industry experience in corporate development, investment banking, or private equity.
- Experience leading software M&A activities.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Must possess strong process-orientation, exceptional organizational skills, and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- This position is based in Natick, MA, and will require travel based on acquisition activity.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.