Application Security Engineer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
We are looking for highly motivated, problem solver and critical thinker software engineer to join our team and help us design/develop secure products and promote software/application security throughout our development organization. You should be flexible to work on different high priority projects related to our product security effort.
- Providing new security related architecture and frameworks that supports secuirty in our server products and web applications.
- Enhancing existing threat modeling tool, undertaking security and threat analysis, of different products, and working closely with the teams to implement countermeasures.
- Monitoring new attack vectors, new exploits and sharing them with our development teams.
- Building internal knowledge and provide KPIs about our code and product security.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- 3+ years’ working on Application Security, Vulnerability Assessment, Penetration Testing
- 1+ years’ working on Threat Modelling and Security architecture reviews
- 2+ years’ hands on experience with one or more programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability to investigate and solve complex problems
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to get up to speed on new security framework and concepts
- Experience with application security such as OWASP Top 10
- Skilled on at least one of these tools: SonarQube, Burp Suite, Black Duck, Fortify, OWASP ZAP, NESSUS, Coverity, Fortify
- Hands-on experience with static and dynamic analysis security testing software
- Experience with cloud computing: AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Containers, DevSecOps
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.