External Integration Software Engineer
I don’t need a hard disk in my computer if I can get to the server faster… ~ Steve Jobs
The world is moving to the cloud, and so are we. Our vision is to enable users of MATLAB & Simulink to run and access our products in environments of their choice. Giving them the power to build, test and deploy their applications at scale, or the freedom to connect to their MATLAB’s running on server with a click of a button. The list of possibilities is endless.
This team will drive our product offerings to be cloud-native, integrate them with other cloud-native systems and serve the needs of next generation of computing.
Come join the external integrations team at MathWorks.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled software engineer who is willing to adapt their technical skillsets to meet the ever-changing needs of the computing world.
As a member of the team you will
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of MATLAB's integration with popular frameworks such as AWS CloudFormation, ARM Templates, JupyterHub, JupyterLab, GitHub, etc.
- Solve open problems in systems design and architecture.
- Coordinate with teams across the globe to deliver production level software.
- Stay abreast with the latest developments of the cloud computing eco-system.
- Help define the external integration SDK of MATLAB and our other products
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Prior exposure to the following is a strong plus:
- Cloud technologies, like AWS.
- Containerization technologies, like Docker.
- Container orchestration systems, like Kubernetes.
- Continuous Integration & delivery systems, like Travis CI or Jenkins.
- Demonstrated ability to dive into and work with large code bases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.