Senior Application Engineer
Do you want to join a worldwide team of exceptional engineers and scientists? As an Application Engineer/Technical Specialist you will work with world's most innovative companies across many industries, e.g., Industrial Automation and Machinery and Medical Technology. Our customers use MathWorks software to analyze data, develop algorithms, create mathematical models, and scale to run on clusters, GPUs, and clouds. In this position you will assist in managing the technical aspects of customer workflows.
- Work directly with customers
- Determine customer requirements and recommend MathWorks technical capabilities
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing and Product Development
- Reuse, prepare and demonstrate application examples
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in Switzerland.
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or similar
- Fluency in English and German, European framework of reference level C1, French a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in software design and programming e.g. MATLAB, Python, C++, Java
- Knowledge of machine learning and optimization
- Knowledge of distributed and cloud computing
- Willingness to travel up to 10% (ten percent) of the time within Switzerland
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here