Senior Software Engineer
The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy working on a large code-base.
- Likes challenging architectural problems with consideration for legacy, scalability, maintainability and performance.
- Has a keen eye for quality and detail.
- Has a strong sense of ownership and likes working with minimal supervision.
- Work with various teams within MathWorks to gather requirement, refine on design, and arrive at a solution.
- Instill best practices for development, and champion their adoption across various teams.
Design & Architecture:
- Create/Improve architecture and design with minimal supervision.
- Design API, service layer, and front-end.
- Drive large refactoring exercises.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Expertise with object oriented design
- Experience working on large code base (100 thousand to million lines of code)
- Experience working with multi-threaded code
- Good understanding of design patterns and software architecture
- Good communication skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.