Senior Release Program Manager
The Senior Release Manager is a member of the Software Product Release Management team and leads the planning and execution of multiple product release programs including traditional desktop products as well as online product offerings. The role involves working with the larger MathWorks community including Development (Engineering, QE, Doc, and Usability), Program Managers, Release Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Online Product teams, and Technical Support, to coordinate product releases. Release Managers require outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well at all organizational levels.
Ensure the timely and high-quality release of our products. Specific activities include:
- Leading, coordinating, and executing various release programs from initiation through completion
- Generating and maintaining release schedules and milestone definitions
- Working with the Development organization to coordinate, plan, and monitor release programs
- Assessing risk and managing contingency plans at the release program level
- Identifying release program-level conflicts and working with senior management to escalate and resolve
- Effectively communicating release program status to all levels of the organization
Evolve product release processes to support scalability and efficiency in MathWorks product development
- Identifying, creating, and analyzing metrics to assist in data-driven release decision making
- Independently assessing opportunities for continuously improving key aspects of the release lifecycle
- Designing creative solutions to address complex problems in order to evolve and mature our release practices
- Drive complex improvement projects to completion
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
- Hands-on experience with online products and modern CI/CD architectures and implementations (branching models, CI/CD pipelines, SCM systems, packaging systems, etc)
- Experience with developing and reporting metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of Project and Program Management
- Experience implementing change in a large organization
- Ability to appropriately balance strategic goals with tactical implementation
- Ability to negotiate and influence without authority
- Masters’ or PhD degree in engineering, technical, or related field
- Experience with business intelligence and other reporting and analysis tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB, Simulink)
- Experience with delivering enterprise software products
- Experience with modern CI/CD tools such as Github, Team City, XL Release, and Urbancode
- Experience with delivering online products to public clouds (AWS, Azure, etc.)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.