Senior Software Engineer Security and Authentication
We are looking for security focused senior software engineer to join our team to help us design / develop secure, customer facing, authentication applications and services. Highly motivated, problem solving, and critical thinking candidates will work with us to develop applications and services used worldwide by our customers. In this role, you will be an active member of an agile scrum team of software engineers that works closely with security, quality engineering, user experience, marketing and business groups to build robust applications.
- Design, develop and implement enhancements and new features to our sign in applications and services
- Collaboration with the security team, quality engineers, usability specialists, business analysts and adjacent development teams on authentication and security related projects
- Work with business areas to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
- Conduct continual research and exploration of security topics to ensure our authentication services have the highest level of protection
- Create technical specifications and prepare reviews with our Architecture and Integration teams
- Ensuring applications and services meet performance SLAs and identify and develop improvements for services performance
- Actively participate in sprint planning and backlog grooming
- Ensuring code quality, troubleshooting bugs, participating in and leading code reviews
- Perform security threat modeling for our code repositories and company data to identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation strategies
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Expertise in different topics in application / software security domain, like: SAML, Open ID Connect, OAuth2, or Kerberos
- Strong desire to learn and grow within the domain of software security
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong software design and testing principles
- Experience with Java or Golang
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or similar
- Experience with SQL and database concepts
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.