Software Engineer- Cloud Platform Integrations
Would you like to help ensure scientists and engineers the world over can access MATLAB in the environments they need it in? We are seeking a talented software/cloud engineer to help us achieve our vision of MATLAB becoming ubiquitous across cloud and data-science platforms. You will apply your skills to develop software integrations between MATLAB and a variety of popular deployment environments such as Jupyter and Open OnDemand. You will also contribute in the effort to deliver MathWorks products as cloud-native solutions to platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- As a member of the external integrations team, you will be directly responsible for the design and implementation of MATLAB's integration with open-source platforms, such as Jupyter, as well as with public-cloud vendors, such as AWS and Azure.
- Contribute to the full life cycle of the solutions, from initial requirements gathering and architectural design, to development, usability testing, debugging, and maintenance.
- Seek real world feedback on requirements through customer interviews and usability tests.
- Collaborate with team members across departments and international offices to produce high-quality, robust solutions.
- Participate in all collaborative team activities such as planning, design discussions and code reviews.
- Stay abreast with the latest developments in cloud computing, containers and applicable platforms.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
Important to have:
- Strong programming skills including knowledge of Object Orientated programming.
- Knowledge of operating systems and networking.
Nice to have:
- Experience with at least one public cloud platform (e.g. AWS) and/or container platform (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Experience with modern development practices like agile and CI/CD.
- Experience with DevOps and infrastructure-as-code.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.