Senior Software Engineer - code generation
Simulink is a world-renowned tool for model-based (block diagram) design, where dynamic system models are used to go from concept to simulation to implementation via automatic code generation. Simulink is currently used in the design of every-day-systems (such as cars) to advanced systems (such as space vehicles).
This is a unique opportunity for a software developer where you will apply your software engineering skills on a large C++ codebase with many modules, and bring your innovative ideas into realization. You will be collaborating with talented developers to solve problems and will be staying on top of current technologies. Come join a relatively new startup team of highly motivated and skilled engineers in Bangalore.
As a Software developer, you will be involved in the architecture improvements to the core "Variants" functionality of Simulink. In this role, you will work on the core code generation capabilities of Simulink Variants and help to improve the software architecture.
In this position you will be responsible for understanding the customer requirements, collaborating with your colleagues to create a design, define the architecture, and do the implementation which brings new innovative features to the product. You will have the ability to impact the direction of major features in Simulink.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with C++
- Strong abstraction, algorithmic, and software design skills
- Good computer science background and strong debugging skills for working in a large C++ codebase
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and have a strong desire to develop high quality, world-class software
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or Simulink is a plus
- Knowledge of code generation is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.