MDG Product Marketing Team Lead
Are you an engineer with MATLAB experience and a desire to grow your marketing and leadership skills? Join us to build and lead the growing marketing team in India. Draw on your technical and marketing background to create compelling stories and artifacts of how engineers and scientists can use MATLAB to research and develop world-changing innovations.
In this role, you will be part of the Marketing Development Group (MDG) based at MathWorks Bangalore office. You will collaborate with marketing management as well as marketing, sales and development team members across the US and India while recruiting and guiding a team of 3 product marketing engineers in India. You will be part of a team shaping the team and business model in India. This role reports to the MDG team manager who is based at MathWorks headquarters in the US.
- Become familiar with the product marketing model in the US and work as part of the team to adopt and shape the team in Bangalore
- Recruit 3 product marketing engineers
- Create measurable goals and objectives for the team and team members
- Provide day-to-day guidance and leadership to the team
- Collaborate with other marketing and functional groups
- Communicate regularly with relevant stakeholder in the US and India
- Setup tools and infrastructure for the team in Bangalore
- Analyze project results and report out on progress
- Determine 2nd year evolution and strategy for the team
- Guide the evolution of messaging and marketing techniques to increase market impact
- Mentor and support MATLAB Product Managers to drive awareness of new features
- Own MATLAB web search marketing strategy
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
In addition to a strong understanding of MATLAB, the successful candidate must also have:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Project management and organizational skills
- Solid quantitative ability
- Marketing skills and/or an MBA are a plus
- Experience using MATLAB in a professional setting
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.