Senior Application Engineer - Industrial Automation
Do you want to shape the way engineers develop industrial automation systems with digital twins and "Industry 4.0"? We partner with MathWorks' Industrial Automation and Machinery customers, to help them advance their ability to develop and analyze complex control and multiphysics systems.
In this pre-sales role, you will demonstrate your experiences to drive our Technical Computing and Model-Based Design products in the Industrial Automation sector with a focus on Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment and other key customers.
You will spend most of your time working with engineers and designers to learn their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing advanced systems. You will also establish yourself as a trusted advisor to strategic MathWorks customers and provide technical leadership by providing guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
Travel can be encouraged up to about 30 – 40% generally throughout North America.
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to ensure their needs are understood.
- Collaborate with sales account managers, other technical specialists, and marketing stakeholders at MathWorks in creating and executing an overall account development plan.
- Engage with prospective customers (from engineers to executives) to understand their business-critical projects and their unique workflows
- Build and maintain long term relationships with customer decision makers and end users
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all business-critical customer projects
- Prepare and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks tools address customer needs
- Scope technical projects and coordinate with other technical specialists to address customer needs in specialized application areas
- Identify new application areas and working with development and marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations for future product direction
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Programming experience with MATLAB
- MS or Ph.D. in engineering or computer science is strongly preferred
- Experience using Simulink for Physical Modeling, Algorithm Development and Code Generation
- Experience with Digital Twins, Predictive Maintenance and Digital Transformation applications
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual settings
- Embedded software development experience in C/C++
- Experience with industrial control systems, such as PLCs, and their programming IDEs, such as Studio 5000 or CoDeSys
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.