Senior Application Engineer- Defense Industry
MathWorks is seeking a technical liaison to coordinate support of our user communities at select key customers in the Aerospace & Defense industry. As a Technical Account Manager/Senior Application Engineer, you will establish yourself as a trusted advisor to these strategic MathWorks customers.
You will utilize your technical expertise and industry knowledge, in order to gain a deep understanding of the customer's workflows and key projects. You will work with the customer to facilitate successful implementation of MathWorks tools and workflows. You will provide guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks technical teams. You will spend most of your time working with systems and controls engineers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing their systems.
- Engage with prospective customers (from engineers to executives) to understand their technical projects and workflows.
- Build and maintain long term relationships with customer decision makers and end users. (Engineers, Managers)
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all technical customer projects.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks tools address customer needs.
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to ensure their needs are understood.
- Collaborate with sales account managers, other technical specialists, and marketing partners at MathWorks in crafting and executing an overall account development plan.
- Scope technical projects and coordinate with other subject matter experts to resolve customer issues in specialized application areas.
- Identify new application areas and working with development and marketing to build compelling messaging and demonstrations for future product direction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Degree(s) in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience collaborating with customers or counterparts outside your organization.
- Strong desire to work directly with customers and have affinity for business development.
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Experience developing and delivering technical presentations.
- Experience developing models and simulation.
- Technical sales experience.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.