Senior iOS Engineer- MATLAB Mobile
The MATLAB Mobile team is seeking a software engineer with experience developing iOS applications. The MATLAB Mobile app enables our customers to connect to the power of MATLAB from their mobile devices.
As a member of our small, cross-functional team, you will participate in all stages of design, coding, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance. Specifically, you will:
- Participate in team code reviews and design reviews
- Define and document requirements and technical designs for new features and enhancements
- Collaborate with User Experience and UI designers to develop customer workflows and prototypes
- Work with Quality Engineers to ensure test cases and plans are appropriately developed and adhered to
- Help triage and resolve customer-reported issues
- Collaborate in a fast paced Agile environment
- Stay up-to-date on the fast moving mobile technology landscape
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Proficiency with Objective-C
- Proficiency with Swift
- 2 years mobile application development experience
- Experience with mobile web development
- Proficiency with Cocoa Touch
- Experience with unit testing, TDD, or other testing techniques or frameworks
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with MATLAB, Android and/or web services development is a plus
- Familiarity with one or more web frameworks such as jQuery and Dojo is a plus
- Equivalent Android development experience will be considered for this position
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.