As a MathWorks Training Engineer, you will prepare and deliver product training courses for MATLAB and Simulink to customers who work in a variety of engineering and scientific applications. Training courses may be off-the-shelf offerings or may require some customization to address customer educational, industry, and application requirements. You will deliver training mostly in Japan (Instructor-Led classroom or Instructor Led Online). Also, you may have many opportunities to work with the other engineers in WW offices.
You will spend an average 5-7 days per month of your time presenting training courses to our customers. In the remaining time you prepare for course delivery, customize course material to meet special customer requirements, develop new course material, build the review report for the customer, and work with other teams within MathWorks to enhance the overall impact of Training Services. Your work will involve teaching a range of courses. This will include MATLAB and Simulink at a fundamental level, courses related to MBD Product, and some application specific courses dependent on your background.
1. Delivering training courses using an approach that provides value to the course delegates and which allows delegates to understand and make use of the full capabilities of the MathWorks products.
2. Working with customers to gather requirements for customized training courses and to prepare the training material, as far as possible using existing course material.
3. Reviewing new training course material and providing feedback to the developer of that course via training delivery by communicating with the global team members.
4. Developing training material including presentation slides, programs, application examples, and simulation models. This material must demonstrate best practice in the use of MathWorks products as well as highlighting important features and capabilities
5. Accountability for quality of work, timing and level of effort including the submission of trip or training report.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in Japan.
- BS or MS in Engineering.
- Working experience of the programming language such as MATLAB, C or Python.
- The knowledge of Machine learning or Deep learning is strongly preferred.
- Industry experience using MATLAB/Simulink (or similar products) is a big plus.
- The knowledge of MBD work-flow for the specific applications is a big plus.
- Formal presentation or training delivery experience is a big plus
- Passion for education (Teaching & Facilitation)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Japanese.
- Business level English communication skills in speaking and in writing (TOEIC 650 or equivalent).
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.