Senior German Localization Specialist
Come help us grow our European Language Localization team as a translation validator! MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists with over 100 specialized products. Our software covers a broad range for areas including algorithm development, data analytics, visualization, and automated code generation. You will be initially responsible for validating the localization of German web content, including landing pages, product pages, solution pages, press releases, videos, and other forms of web content covering a wide range of industries and domains related to engineering and science. You will also assist in validating software user and documentation related to MATLAB® and Simulink®. You will contribute to increasing our customers’ satisfaction by providing high-quality localized products.
You will work as a German translation validator to release localized products with high linguistic and technical quality. Your work will include close collaboration with our translation vendors and other validators in the Globalization team. You will be also expected to help improve the current localization process to maximize our capability. Specifically, you will:
- Validate translations of web content, software user interface and documentation, and provide feedback to our vendors
- Expand our European localization function
- Track our vendors' translation quality over time with the goal of continuous improvement
- Maintain and contribute to the German style guide and glossary
- Interact with the rest of the Globalization team (Engineering and European Localization teams in the US, Localization teams in Japan, China and Korea) and various teams in our European offices to perform efficient validation
- Assist in coordinating translation validation projects
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or equivalent experience) is required.
· Work experience with software / high-tech products and documentation localization
· Knowledge of localization guidelines and best practices
· Vendor liaison experience
· Working knowledge of industry-leading translation and localization technology such as SDL Trados, memoQ or similar tools
· Knowledge of MATLAB or other programing environments
· Excellent organizational and highly developed communication skills with the ability to speak, write, and read fluent English and German
· A degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, linguistics, or other science domains
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.