Software Engineer in Test - Continuous Integration & Tooling
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help ensure high quality of the infrastructure, architecture, and tooling used by MathWorks developers and customer.
You will enjoy working in a team environment to develop, qualify, and deploy new, exciting features. You will work on the infrastructure, applications, and tools that product development teams at MathWorks use to build, test, and release the MathWorks family of products. In the Quality Engineering department, you will work closely on a multi-functional team with members from Software Engineering, User Experience and Documentation. This position requires a strong quality commitment, excellent debugging and technical skills, and passion to continuously improve our tools and processes.
The successful candidate will begin their career in the Engineering Development Group (EDG). As a member of the EDG team you will receive training on MathWorks processes & tools and customer workflows in the core product areas.
After training on MathWorks development processes and tools, you will work with the Infrastructure, Architecture, and Tooling team.
Specific tasks include:
- Providing feedback in design reviews
- Developing test strategies and plans
- Designing and developing functional and non-functional automated tests
- Investigating production and testing issues
- Reporting defects and verifying fixes
- Helping improve current processes
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience with version control and CI/CD systems such as GitHub. GitLab, Jenkins, or CircleCI.
- Experience with build systems such as ANT, make, or Maven is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud and virtualization technologies (AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, VMware) is a plus.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.