Engineering Technical Writer - Code Generation
Do you have a strong aptitude for writing, interest in new technologies, and a flair for explaining or teaching complex concepts to technical audiences? You might be:
- Experienced in C/C++ programming
- A recent graduate in computer science, or engineering with an interest in writing for technical audiences
- An experienced engineer or scientist looking for a career change
As engineering technical writers, we write online help content that helps our customers use MathWorks code generation tools. We are part of a multi-disciplinary team that helps shape the design of cutting-edge software. Come join us!
At MathWorks, documentation is a key component of our products. As an integral member of our interdisciplinary team, you will:
- Write goal-oriented content that explains concepts and approaches for applying MathWorks product.
- Develop examples and tutorials to reinforce concepts, demonstrate approaches, and help customers ramp up quickly.
- Work with the user community to develop online help that supports customer goals.
- Participate in product planning, design review, and testing.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or related field.
- Experience with a compiler-based programming language, such as C or C++.
- Ability to learn and explain practical engineering and programming concepts.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
- Familiarity with C++ and object-oriented programming concepts.
- Experience with MATLAB or Simulink
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.