UARC Technical Account Manager
MathWorks is seeking a technical liaison to coordinate support of MATLAB user communities at a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC). As a Technical Account Manager, you will serve as a critical interface between MathWorks and one of our key aerospace and defense clients.
You will utilize your technical expertise and industry knowledge to gain a deep understanding of the customer's workflows and key projects. You will partner with the customer to facilitate successful implementation of MathWorks tools. You will provide guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks technical teams. Join us and become a trusted advisor that is turned to for guidance on critical national security programs.
- From engineers to executives, engage with customers to identify and understand their key technical programs and critical business issues.
- Build and maintain long term relationships with customer decision makers and end users.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all complex technical inquiries from the UARC.
- Scope technical projects and coordinate with other subject matter experts to resolve customer issues in specialized application areas.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks tools address customer needs.
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to improve MathWorks products and influence the company’s direction.
- Collaborate with sales account managers, other technical specialists, and marketing partners at MathWorks in crafting and executing a comprehensive account development plan.
- Programming experience with MATLAB
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Due to the nature of clients being served, US citizenship is required for this position.
- Degree(s) in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to work directly with customers and an affinity for business development
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Experience working for or with a UARC, FFRDC, the US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, NASA, DARPA, and/or MDA
- Experience developing and delivering technical presentations
- Technical sales experience
- Program office experience
- Experience with missiles, hypersonics, aircraft, spacecraft, cybersecurity, or radar systems
- Experience developing computer models and simulations
- Active security clearance
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.