ASEAN Industrials & Energy Market Development Manager
MATLAB & Simulink enable industrial & energy professionals worldwide to develop and implement innovative solutions in areas such as Industry 4.0, renewables, smart grids, power conversion, transmission and distribution, motors and drives, battery & energy management systems, data analytics, and more. If you have experience with MATLAB & Simulink and are passionate about driving their adoption in the industrials and energy industry, this is the role for you.
As the ASEAN Industrials & Energy Market Development Manager, you will deploy your knowledge of MATLAB & Simulink and the industry to develop and execute the strategy to drive increased adoption of MATLAB & Simulink at strategic ASEAN accounts in industrials & energy segments such as industrial automation & robotics, automated material handling, wind & solar power, electric drives, HVDC and FACTS devices. Through these efforts you will shape how the industrials & energy industry in ASEAN perceives MathWorks and establish MATLAB & Simulink as mission critical to the product development process at strategic accounts.
- Deploy your knowledge of, and passion for, MATLAB & Simulink applications in industrials and energy industry to drive market and account development activities at strategic accounts in the ASEAN region
- Using your knowledge of MATLAB & Simulink and the industry, work with customers to understand their workflows in detail, identify gaps and fill those gaps that can be addressed by MathWorks products.
- Through customer engagements, identify strategic projects/programs at targeted accounts and secure deep technical engagements between MathWorks technical experts and customers, to establish organizational adoption of MATLAB & Simulink
- As an industry expert, meet with senior and executive management at targeted accounts to create a shared vision for adoption of MathWorks technology.
- Build and nurture relationships with senior engineering managers (and IT, Purchasing) at accounts.
- Actively monitor progress of opportunities, funnel, and usage at industrials and energy accounts to achieve targeted goals for broadening and deepening adoption of MATLAB & Simulink and adjust investments in customer engagements as necessary.
- Drive quarterly reviews with targeted accounts and global account coordination, as required.
- Work with critical 3rd party industry partners who provide complimentary tools to complete the customer workflow.
- Enlist the ASEAN industrials and energy community in championing MATLAB & Simulink
- Cultivate and enlist key industrials and energy influencers in industry and academia to advocate for MATLAB & Simulink
- Engage with industry and standards organizations to help them understand MATLAB & Simulink’s role in supporting industry compliance with standards and regulations
- Deliver presentations, papers, panels at conferences and industry events and serve as the industrials & energy spokesperson by interacting with industry analysts, editors and journalists.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- MS or Ph.D. degree in relevant engineering disciplines
- Strong knowledge of and experience (12+ years) in application of MATLAB & Simulink in industrials & energy segments and applications such as Industry 4.0, smart grids, renewables, industrial automation & robotics, automated material handling, electric drives, battery & energy management systems, HVDC and FACTS devices.
- Prior employment with a leading corporation in industrials or energy industry
- The motivation to work in a customer and sales facing role
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Additional experiences important to the position:
- Experience supporting sales and engaging with customers as a sales engineer or application engineer
- Product marketing experience with a global technical software company
This position will be based in Singapore. The candidate should expect to travel about 25-30% of the time (post-COVID), mostly within the ASEAN region.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.