Senior Application Engineer - Aerospace & Defense Industry
We are seeking a proactive individual to drive our Technical Computing and Model-Based Design products in the Aerospace & Defense industry. In this pre-sales role, you will leverage your experiences to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks tools and workflows for the development of systems within the aerospace and defense industry. You will spend most of your time working with systems and controls engineers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing their systems.
This position is based in our office in Natick, MA.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Contribute to continual improvement of customers’ methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques for more effective product usage.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through proactive communication and ownership of issues.
- Partner with Sales to develop and drive shared account goals/objectives aligned with the customer’s vision of success.
- Identify new application areas and work with Marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations to attract new customers/prospects, by delivering this content at large and small events.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in/with Aerospace and Defense
- At least 5 years of experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- MS or Ph.D. in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow) or other multi-domain simulation software.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual settings.
- Travel will be 25-40% and is generally within North America
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.