Application Engineer - Communications and FPGA Design
As an Application Engineer for Signal Processing, Communications, and FPGA Design, you will partner with our most innovative customers to establish MATLAB and Simulink as a platform for a variety of application areas including:
- Prototyping and Implementing Designs on FPGAs and SDRs
HDL (VHDL / Verilog) Code Generation and Verification
You will work in a pre-sales manner with our customers to identify and understand their technical and business challenges. You will develop and deliver compelling demonstrations of solutions that help customers appreciate how the adoption of MathWorks products adds value towards enhancing their workflows. You will also engage strategically with customers in developing long-term adoption plans that will enable them to progressively roll-out increasingly productive workflows in their organizations.
Using your technical expertise as well as your excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, you will engage customers and prospects in seminars, conference calls, meetings, and through product evaluations to develop a shared vision for success.
Provide technical pre-sales support and guidance to the India sales organization, prospects, and customers in the domains of signal processing, communications, and radar system design, as well as implementing these designs on FPGAs SoCs and SDRs through automatic HDL code generation and verification techniques by:
- Preparing and delivering presentations, demonstrations, and application examples in customer meetings, seminars, and other public events
- Managing product evaluations and developing adoption plans that assist customers in adopting MathWorks products
- Partnering with Sales Account Managers to help develop account and territory level selling strategies
- Identify new trends and application areas and provide feedback to development and marketing teams. Collaborate with the worldwide team on developing compelling messages and demonstrations.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Establish rapport and credibility with our customers across multiple hierarchy levels to build champion users and supporters of our solutions.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Post-graduate degree in Engineering (M.E./M.Tech./Ph.D)
- 3-7 years of relevant industry experience preferably in the Communications, Electronics, Semiconductors, or Aerospace/Defence (Avionics) industries.
- Strong knowledge and experience in modeling and simulating signal processing and/or communications and/or radar systems using MATLAB and Simulink.
- Strong knowledge and experience in digital hardware design and implementation of signal processing/communications/radar algorithms on FPGAs. Strong knowledge of either VHDL or Verilog.
- Experience in using EDA tools for hardware design (Xilinx Vivado, System Generator, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers
- This position is based in New Delhi with travel generally throughout India for various customer visits and seminars. Travel time can be expected to amount to approximately 30-40% with trips generally no longer than five days. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.