Senior UX Designer
Would you like to join an outstanding User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems for desktop, web, and mobile platforms?
Come join our team and lead projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches to wireframes and prototypes, and into active development until your pixel-perfect designs “go live” to delight our users across the globe.
We're dedicated to crafting clear and effective designs for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if:
- You are enthusiastic about resolving complex, technical problems through excellent design
- You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate
- You enjoy driving the full range of design activities from conception through final visual design
Collaborate with development, UX research, and UX design teams to understand MathWorks product and branding directions and develop appropriate and consistent design solutions.
Work with cross-functional teams to learn about detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and project partner's vision.
Produce design ideas and collaborate with teams to determine which ideas should move forward into detailed design and eventually production, based on usability testing, standard methodologies, and technical input.
Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and the latest technologies across mobile, desktop, and web.
Use and promote MathWorks and industry standards in design and accessibility.
Design across a wide range of products.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Portfolio available for viewing, demonstrating a history in software/web design
- STEM Degree
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to visual representations
- Experience communicating sophisticated interaction design ideas with clarity and persuasion
- Desktop and Web application design experience
- Responsive, and accessible design experience is a plus
- Demonstrated fluency with Figma, Sketch, AdobeXD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and other relevant design tools
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.