Senior VDI Engineer - End User Computing (EUC)
- Job: 27695-LLAN
- Location: US-MA-Natick
- Department: Information Technology
Join us to help shape the future of MathWorks’ end user computer environments!
The EUC team's mission is to provide MathWorks' staff with compute capabilities that enable them to be productive in any setting, whether that'sinthe office, their home, or anywhere in between.
Our service portfolio includes support of physical and virtual systems across Windows, Linux, and Mac platforms.
We are looking for an experienced Virtual Desktop engineer that can evolve our current technical design and support our end user virtualization migration goals.The successful candidate will have experience in computing technologies and virtual desktop products, ideally with VMware Horizon. They should be technically curious, innovative, resourceful, detail oriented, and obsessed with finding the right answers. They will have experience collecting and solving user requirements leveraging VDI infrastructure industry best practices for global needs. As a senior individual contributor, the successful candidate will be able to balance multiple priorities, communicate well, coach, design, and demonstrate leadership in a technical setting.
- Designing virtual desktop end user solutions which solve business problems, improve productivity and enhance user experience.
- Experience in implementing configuration management process and tools for VDI environment.
- Knowledge of both persistent and non-persistent virtual desktops designs and how they can be applied to varied user requirements.
- Working with technical leaders and architects in other IT Teams to ensure that user products and services integrate into the broader IT ecosystem.
- Mentoring technical leads and other subject-matter experts to grow their skills and architectural knowledge.
- Support the operations and maintenance of our existing VDI worldwide clusters and be able to successfully solve end user issues.
- Experience in metrics gathering and optimizing VDI Infrastructure by using data to report on system/product health.
- A bachelor's degree and 10 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Breadth of knowledge of IT services and technologies
- Deep experience with end user virtualization services and products across an array of platforms and infrastructure (Windows, Linux, Mac, Active Directory, VMWare Horizon, etc.)
- Experience supporting a hybrid working (office-based + remote) environment.
- Experience with common configuration management tools.
- Able to translate user and business requirements into technical design and implementation.
- Able to communicate ideas, and designs effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Able to mentor and coach others, particularly in software lifecycle best practices
- Proven ability to influence decision makers and implement change
- Excellent written and verbal communication which include creating business cases, technical design documents, test plans and architectural artifacts.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.