Fixed Point Function Replacement and Data Visualization
Replacement of fixed-point runtime library functions and using coder.approximate
|Floating-point to fixed-point conversion configuration object|
- Replacing Functions Using Lookup Table Approximations
The Fixed-Point Designer™ MATLAB® Coder™ software provides an option to generate lookup table approximations for continuous and stateless single-input, single-output functions in your original MATLAB code.
- Replace a Custom Function with a Lookup Table
With HDL Coder™, you can generate lookup table approximations for functions that do not support fixed-point types, and replace your own functions.
- Replace the exp Function with a Lookup Table
With HDL Coder, you can handle functions that are not supported for fixed point and replace your own functions.
Plotting Data and Visualization
- Enable Plotting Using the Simulation Data Inspector
You can use the Simulation Data Inspector to inspect and compare floating-point and fixed-point logged input and output data.
- Visualize Differences Between Floating-Point and Fixed-Point Results
This example shows how to configure the
codegenfunction to use a custom plot function to compare the behavior of the generated fixed-point code against the behavior of the original floating-point MATLAB code.
- Log Data for Histogram
To log data for histograms:
- View and Modify Variable Information
View and modify variable information for fixed-point conversion.