- Implementing interface control of Simulink subsystems and models
- Managing requirements in Simulink models
- Partitioning models using Simulink subsystems, libraries, and model references
- Managing a model and all its dependencies
- Addressing model scalability and performance concerns
- Establishing and enforcing modeling standards
- Documenting and sharing a Simulink model
Day 1 of 2
Objective: Get a brief overview of how Simulink models can be used in a traditional design process. Discuss where the material covered in this course fits into that process.
Requirements Linking and Interface Control
Objective: Link a Simulink model to system requirements, illustrate data flow, and define system interfaces.
- Component stubs
- Requirements linking
- Component interfaces
- Bus objects
Objective: Discuss the pros and cons of the different features used for organizing a Simulink model into separate components.
- System component considerations
- Virtual subsystems
- Atomic subsystems
- Subsystem references
- Model references
- Component variants
Objective: Discuss how to effectively organize a project (containing models, data, documentation, etc.) and perform configuration management tasks.
- Project setup
- File shortcuts and labels
- File dependencies and impact
- Source control integration
- File differences
Day 2 of 2
Objective: Explore the data dependencies of a Simulink model and learn best practices for managing a Simulink model's data.
- Workspace precedence
- Parameter management
- Saving and loading data
- Data dictionaries
Objective: Understand data objects, partition data in dictionaries, create reference projects and configurations sets to organize large projects.
- Data objects
- Reference data dictionaries
- Reference configuration sets
- Data partitioning
- Reference projects
Objective: Learn how to improve simulation performance, use acceleration modes and understand their tradeoffs.
- Simulink Profiler
- Simulation modes
- Comparing performance
- Performance Advisor
Objective: Explore how to set up and enforce modeling standards, check for common modeling errors, and optimize model performance.
- Modeling standards
- Model Advisor
- Reporting results
- Additional Simulink advisors
Objective: Discuss the methods of automatically creating reports and documentation from Simulink models.
- Web views
- Standard reports
- Custom reports