- In contrast to differentiation, symbolic integration is a more complicated task. If int cannot compute an integral of an expression, check for these reasons:
- The antiderivative does not exist in a closed form.
- The antiderivative exists, but int cannot find it.
If int cannot compute a closed form of an integral, it returns an unresolved integral.
Try approximating such integrals by using one of these methods:
- For indefinite integrals, use series expansions. Use this method to approximate an integral around a particular value of the variable.
- For definite integrals, use numeric approximations.
Look into Tips section of page for that reason, Going by tips section, if you consider the numeric approximations
E(x) = 99/50*dirac(x) + rectangularPulse(0, 300, x)/30000