# INTRODUCTION #
This script is a simple utility for detecting dependancies and minimum required version of Matlab scripts. It's very handy when it comes to publishing scripts on code sharing platforms and/or preserving the backward compatibility of releases.
# USAGE #
The "check_requirements" function accepts a single input argument, which must be the valid path to a Matlab script or a directory containing one or more Matlab scripts at any level of depth. The structure of the function result depends upon the "type" input argument:
1) ALL: a structure with two fields, "Deps" and "VerInfo", whose values are described below.
2) DEP: a cell array of strings that represent the name of the dependancies.
3) VER: if "extv" is false, a string representing the minimum version, otherwise an n-by-3 table listing all the called functions and their respective minimum version (if available).
# EXAMPLES #
1) Global requirements check on all the scripts within a specified folder:
res = check_requirements('C:\Scripts\');
2) Requirements check on a specific script:
res = check_requirements('C:\Scripts\my_script.m');
# NOTES #
The "check_requirements" function uses a best-effort methodology. This means that it tries to gather as much information as possible but it cannot guarantee a 100% accurate result.
Tommaso Belluzzo (2021). Requirements Checker (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/69294-requirements-checker), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!