If you have a finite element mesh generated in Ansys Workbench and want to import it into Matlab, do the following:
- in Ansys workbench: Create an "input file" (in the model, select "solution" in the tree, click "tools"->Write input file)
- in Matlab: pass the file name of the input file to the function 'importMesh_ansys2D'.
The function reads the vertex coordinates and connectivity from the .dat file and stores them into Matlab arrays. For an example, see the file 'test_importMesh'.
- Works for 2D only. However, the extension to 3D should be straightforward by selecting the corresponding columns in the connectivity.
- The additional nodes (in case of quadratic shape functions) are ignored.
- For triangular elements, the connectivity table repeats the third vertex. This format is adopted from Ansys.
Hauke Gravenkamp (2023). Import mesh from Ansys (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/80907-import-mesh-from-ansys), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!