Addressing Challenges Involved in Developing Battery Management Systems Using Simulink
Battery management systems (BMS) ensure maximum performance, safe operation, and optimal lifespan of battery pack energy storage systems under diverse charge-discharge and environmental conditions. In this one-hour webinar, presented by MathWorks and ICAT ASPIRE, you will learn how to:
- Model battery cell models as a function of battery charge, temperature and scale the cell model up to a battery pack
- Monitor cell voltage and temperature, estimate state-of-charge (SOC) and state-of-health (SOH) across the pack
- Control charging and discharging rates, balance SOC across the battery cells, and isolate the battery from source and load when necessary
- Use simulations to model feedback and supervisory control algorithms
- Generate production-quality C/C++ code for target embedded processors
- Perform Hardware-In-Loop testing using Speedgoat real-time hardware
About the Presenters
Ramanuja Jagannathan, Application Engineer, MathWorks
Ramanuja Jagannathan is an Application Engineer at MathWorks India working in the areas of control design, physical modelling, and digital twin. He has worked with MathWorks for more than four years and is always interested to hear about challenging engineering problems from customers and help them build digital twin solutions. Before joining MathWorks, he was as a Senior Engineer at Larsen and Toubro. He specialized in Process Control Engineering in his master’s program at National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, India.
Abhisek Roy, Application Engineer, MathWorks
Abhisek Roy is an application engineer at MathWorks India, focusing on plant modeling and control system design. He has been working with customers to address their challenges in automotive applications, e.g., automated driving, automated riding assistant systems, and calibration through simulation-based approaches. His areas of interest include the study of controls systems, physical modeling, and robotics. Abhisek has completed his M.Tech in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, specializing in control systems and robotics, and B.Tech in electrical engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
Recorded: 8 Sep 2021
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.