The following table lists the hardware support for the Instrument Control Toolbox™. Notes follow the table.
|Feature||64-bit MATLAB® on Windows®||64-bit MATLAB on macOS||64-bit MATLAB on Linux®|
|VISA 3||supported 1||supported on two vendors 1, 3|
|GPIB 4||supported 1|
|I2C 5||supported 1||supported 1||supported 1|
|SPI 5||supported 1||supported 1||supported 1|
|Quick-Control Oscilloscope and Quick-Control Function Generator||supported 2||supported 2||supported 2|
|MATLAB Instrument Drivers||supported||supported||supported|
|MATLAB Instrument Drivers made using IVI-C drivers and Instrument Wrappers for IVI-C drivers||supported 1|
1. Dependent on support by third-party vendor driver for the hardware on this platform.
2. Dependent on third-party vendor support of platform when using an IVI-driver with Quick-Control Oscilloscope or Quick-Control Function Generator.
3. Requires Keysight™ (formerly Agilent®), National Instruments™, Rohde & Schwartz, or TAMS VISA compliant with VISA specification 5.0 or higher for any platform. Only National Instruments VISA and Rohde & Schwartz VISA are supported on macOS. The other vendors’ VISA support does not include macOS.
4. Requires Keysight (formerly Agilent), ICS Electronics™, Measurement Computing™ (MCC), ADLINK Technology, or National Instruments hardware and driver.
5. Requires Aardvark or National Instruments hardware and driver.