Green Hills Software MULTI Toolbox for Embedded Coder
Version 1.4.2 (290 KB) by Green Hills Software Toolbox Team
This toolbox enables users to perform PIL testing on embedded processors and simulators through the MULTI IDE by Green Hills Software.
Updated Mon, 24 Oct 2022 18:57:40 +0000
Through the MULTI Toolbox for Embedded Coder, the Simulink user easily generates and compiles optimized code with the industry-leading Green Hills Optimizing C/C++ Compilers and runs the compiled code through the MULTI® IDE on either its built-in instruction set simulator or on an embedded processor. Results and behavior of the code running in this Processor-In-the-Loop (PIL) manner can then be verified against Simulink’s simulated tests.
After the program completes, the user can employ the complete set of features in the MULTI Integrated Development Environment (IDE), separately from Simulink, in various use cases such as:
Multicore debugging, run control and analysis with the MULTI IDE and TimeMachine:
- Multicore debugger with OS awareness for INTEGRITY RTOS, µ-velOSity RTOS, Linux and other operating systems
- MISRA C Adherence Checker
- Reverse-execution debugging with TimeMachine Suite
- Run-time Error Detection & Memory Leak Detection
- Code Coverage Analysis & Performance Profiler
- DoubleCheck® Source Code Analyzer
- Instruction set simulator for the processor core
- Flash programming on embedded board
Embed and run the code on the INTEGRITY® RTOS, µ-velOSity RTOS and other operating systems
Certified for safety-critical uses in Automotive (ISO 26262 ASIL D), Industrial (IEC 61508 SIL 3) and Railway (EN 50128 SIL 3)
- Single core, single thread programs running “bare board”, that is, with no target operating system
- Run-to-completion mode for PIL verification is implemented today. Interactive debugging and breakpoints are planned.
- Processor architectures supported are Arm Cortex-A, Cortex-R, Cortex-M, Renesas RH850, RISC-V, Power PC, TriCore
- Supports Linux and Windows host operating systems
On MULTI’s instruction set simulator
- Cortex-A – ARM v8 (64 bit) and ARM v7 (32 bit)
- Cortex-R – ARM v8 (32 bit) and ARM v7 (32 bit)
- Cortex-M – ARM v7 (32 bit)
- RISC-V (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Power Architecture
On Boards with Green Hills Probe
- Renesas R-Car Starter Kit Premier (H3)
Required Green Hills Products
- MULTI IDE v6.1.4 (and newer) and Optimizing C/C++ Compilers
- When running on a board, a Green Hills Probe V4 or Green Hills SuperTrace Probe is required
Required Products from MathWorks
- MATLAB R2021A or later
- Embedded Coder
- MATLAB Coder
- Simulink Coder
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Created with R2022a
Compatible with R2021a and later releases
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.
updating description for architectures
Improving Description to include TriCore support.
Added Tricore to list of tested cpus.
Updated to support c++
Updated for continued compatibility with the latest release.
Power PC and RISC-V architectures added