Modeling geological storage of carbon dioxide is characterized by scarce data, large spans in spatial and temporal scales, and delicate balances between different physical flow mechanisms. This reference application uses the MATLAB Reservoir Simulation Toolbox (MRST) to offer a set of simulators and workflow tools that have been specially designed to meet these challenges. The software combines results from more than a decade of academic research and development in CO2 storage modeling into a unified toolchain that is easy and intuitive to use.
- Work with hypothetical carbon storage in large-scale aquifer systems from the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Go from regional-scale estimates to detailed characterization of a specific storage site using interactive user interfaces
- Perform static capacity estimates, basic analysis of CO2 trapping mechanisms at a specific reservoir, and interactive simulation of CO2 injection into a reservoir
- Vary simulation parameters such as well locations, injection rates, and boundary conditions using user interfaces
- Set up a more detailed simulation of a particular CO2 injection site
Download the free simulator to: