Principal HR Business Partner
Join our growing HR team to address organizational needs and participate in a variety of challenging projects. Use and broaden your HR experience while providing guidance and support to managers and staff to facilitate and educate on employee relations, performance management and organizational initiatives for a designated business area. In addition, work with other HR Business Partners to provide support across MathWorks.
Build a business partner relationship with management and staff of a designated business area within the Development organization through effective communications and understanding of HR process and practices. Develop an understanding of the business area to help support their goals and challenges. Identify areas for increasing efficiency or ways of working in support of continuous improvement for the HR team. Work closely with other business partners and HR functions to provide support for HR programs across the Development organization in a matrixed and global environment.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to managers and staff.
- Guide managers and staff on the performance management process.
- Manage and resolve workplace and employee relations matters.
- Collaborate with other HR team members on projects and participate in HR-related programs and practices.
- Support communication, meetings, and training for the performance review program to ensure consistent performance calibration.
- Collaborate with the compensation team and managers to support merit planning and compensation initiatives.
- Respond to requests and gather data to identify trends and propose and develop solutions and best practices.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships through effective communications. This includes audience-centered writing, active listening skills and adjusting verbal communication style as needed.
- A strong understanding of employment law and HR related policies.
- Ability to guide managers and staff through a variety of issues including performance management and employee relations issues.
- Experience planning and participating in meetings with managers and staff and working on projects with global HR staff across multiple HR disciplines
- An aptitude for analytics and problem solving including the ability to seek and diagnose root causes
- Ability to work in a time sensitive and confidential environment
- Computer skills in MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and HRIS (Workday is a plus)
- 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources.
- High tech experience preferred
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.