Web & Integration Developer
Our internal tools team develops applications to make the MathWorks engineering organization productive and efficient, as well as the tools to measure this productivity.
As a Web & Integration Developer, you’ll design, develop, and implement features to support long-term planning, Agile, and other development workflows by creating integrations with our Jira instance.
- Design and develop integration tools that use rest APIs to connect internal systems
- Create and maintain custom APIs to extract and transform Jira data
- Troubleshoot and debug across integrated systems
- Ensure all code is testable, create unit tests, and work with quality engineers to develop integration tests
- Develop metrics dashboards and reports for development teams and senior management
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to capture requirements and feedback.
- Ensure efficient delivery of high-quality tooling that drive MathWorks product development standards.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- RESTful Web Services experience.
- Experience with object-oriented programming in Groovy and/or Java.
- Experience using JIRA, or developing JIRA APIs.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle; preferably with understanding of Agile. Kanban/Scrum.
- Flexible; able to deal with uncertainty and change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.