Senior Software Engineer - Aerospace Simulation Workflows
An exciting opportunity to develop software tools for Model-based Design workflows of aerospace vehicle systems.
The ideal candidate for this role will combine software development skills with a passion for aerospace vehicles to build upon the current capabilities and to architect and deliver the next-generation tools.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead the work on the software tools for simulation, analysis, and visualization of aerospace applications in Model-based Design workflows. You will be responsible for all stages of software development including setting directions, requirements specifications, architecture, design, implementation, and testing.
You will work closely with an energetic and motivated growing team on
- Defining new capabilities for aerospace design and analysis workflows
- Developing aerospace focused visualization tools
- Contributing aerospace aspects to simulation integration platform for large scale scenario simulations with dynamic agents
- Interfacing with key customers to drive requirements and design
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in/with C++
- Awareness of aerospace applications for MATLAB and Simulink
- Strong communication and presentation skills a must for working relationships with remote teams
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrated technical leadership
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.