Senior Manager, Business Applications
MathWorks has an opening for a Senior Manager who will help lead our internal software development initiatives working to build custom applications that help drive our business. Come join our upbeat, engaged and collaborative Foundation Services applications team providing business technology solutions at MathWorks. This team is critical to developing and supporting a diverse portfolio of custom and 3rd party applications used across the company such as, Jira for Work Management, ServiceNow for IT Operations, and Cornerstone for Learning. Utilize your experience and leadership skills to empower your team of Systems Analysts, Developers, and Operations staff to think strategically and implement practically.
- Manage the Foundation Services applications team supporting custom and 3rd party applications
- Leverage Agile experience to optimize team delivery
- Collaborate as a member of the Business Applications Senior Management Team to foster personnel development, employee engagement, and enhanced organizational culture
- Work with business and technology partners to understand long term goals and develop technical roadmaps
- Lead team to implement high quality solutions to support business needs – analysis, configuration, and development
- Manage vendor relationships to understand product roadmaps and ensure MathWorks’ alignment and value
- A bachelor's degree and 15 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 5 years management experience is required.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Management Information Systems is preferred.
- Experience with custom software development practices
- Experience with packaged applications and Saas Solutions
- Ability to influence and gain support from stakeholders through effective communication and relationship building
- ServiceNow, Jira/Atlassian, or HR systems experience a plus
- ITOM/ITIL domain knowledge a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.