Infrastructure Engineer - Storage
Systems Engineering is a full-stack team with a diversity of expertise and engineering backgrounds. We design and implement compute and storage infrastructure that support our Development organization. We use a hybrid of commercial, open source and in-house developed solutions to increase performance and improve fault tolerance in support of the building, testing, and releasing of all MathWorks products.
Infrastructure Engineers administer all aspects of our storage infrastructure. This includes hardware selection and installation, maintenance, deployment, support the operation of storage services. The candidate is expected to work with team members to improve storage services, automate repeated tasks, participate in code reviews and ensure that the system operates efficiently.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with NAS and underlying protocols such as NFS, and CIFS (samba)
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Experience with systems monitoring (Nagios preferred)
- Experience with Ansible or similar configuration management tool
- Working knowledge of Python
- Experience in troubleshooting and maintaining storage servers
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Experience with ZFS-based storage and Ceph is a plus
- Experience with software package hosting services like Artifactory and GitHub Packages is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile team environment a plus
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with global extended team a plus
- Experience with infrastructure as code a plus
- Independent learner and self-directed; takes initiative while working within a team
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance priorities with good time management
- Desire and ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.