Senior Software Engineer in Test - Online Products Security
MathWorks is seeking a smart and creative Software Engineer in Test with programming experience and interest in the security domain. In this role, you will perform product security testing including penetration testing, threat modeling, vulnerability assessment, and security feature validation. You will manage our private bug bounty program and work closley with independent security researchers. You will work on developing test infrastructure and tooling, as well as authoring automated tests to detect security bugs. You will be a part of our collaborative culture and engage with many cross-functional team members.
- Performing penetration testing of our key applications like MATLAB Drive, MATLAB Online, Cloud center, MATLAB Grader, etc.
- Managing the MathWorks Bug Bounty Program & Pen Testing Engagements with external researchers & Pen Testers
- Researching and introducing new security test tools
- Participating in Threat Modelling and security architecture reviews
- Influencing Security best practices and processes in MathWorks
- Consulting and collaborating with other Engineers and provide security expertise
- Performing SAST and DAST analysis
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, or Cyber Security; Master's degree is preferred
- Strong programming skills in at least one language (JS, C++, Go, etc.)
Interest in Web Security Domain
- Knowledge of or hands-on experience with developing or testing web and/or cloud-based applications
- Excellent communication skills and desire to work with multiple teams
Nice to Have:
- Experience with cloud computing: AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Containers, DevSecOps
- Passion for Web application security, keeping up with security threats and OWASP Top 10
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability to investigate and solve complex problems
- Skilled on at least one of these tools: SonarQube, Burp Suite, Black Duck, Fortify, OWASP ZAP, NESSUS, Coverity, Fortify
- Growth mindset
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.