Manager Application Engineering Automotive (m/f/d)
- Develop the team and the team members and personally contribute at the individual, functional, office and organizational levels. Personally engage in customer activities and lead from the forefront.
- Manage resource assignments to balance today’s and future business needs.
- Orchestrate and provide direction to larger customer projects with the immediate team and resources in other technical teams.
- Help to shape the engagement of MathWorks with the German Automotive industry
- Be a proactive and member of the local and regional management teams. Source strong candidates, ensure efficient ramp-up and integration of new staff.
- Create a safe learning environment, which preserves a sense of urgency, intensity, and accountability while facilitating a constructive and collaborative communication culture.
- Serve as a role model for the company’s core values and for establishing credibility internally and externally.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- People management of engineering teams.
- Experience MathWorks products and application.
- Working experience in development projects in the Automotive industry
- Working knowledge of Automotive development processes and or methodologies like Model-Based Design, Agile, DevOps.
- Customer facing work experience, working in a sales and marketing organization.
- Highly motivated towards working directly with customers, showing strong business acumen.
Communication skills and personality to interact with expert users, engineering management and executives
- Sound presentation skills.
- Fluent German and English language skills.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.