Manager, Engineering Development Group
“Not-your-typical" Engineering Manager role because this role is more about the people than it is about the products. At a company making some of the most advanced software in the world, see if you can put your people skills to use in developing and investing in the future of the company
The Manager of MathWorks’ Leadership Development program coaches team members by identifying and developing their technical, professional, and personal skills for a successful technical career at MathWorks. Responsibilities of this person will focus on:
Career development of engineers and computer scientists
Continuous improvement and department level project ownership
Collaboration with managers and teams across MathWorks to ensure that engineers in the Leadership Development program are gaining the skills for long term success at MathWorks
• Build and grow the team through ongoing interviewing and hiring of qualified entry level engineers and interns (Bachelors’, Masters’ and PhDs) throughout the year
• Provide ongoing coaching on career advancement opportunities for the growth and development of entry level engineers
• Manage a Technical Support team such that they meet and exceed customer expectations and achieve continuous improvement of service levels
• Provide coaching and guidance on customer case management, response time, and teamwork in providing technical support to our customers
• Collaborate with our software development teams on product and customer issues
• Establish and evolve effective business goals, strategies and processes
• Develop procedures, proposals, plans, and guidelines and initiate their implementation
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- BS or MS degree (Engineering/Computer Science degree required)
- 2-5 years managerial experience (software company preferred)
- Customer facing experience (technical support, customer, application engineering)
- Effective leadership and coaching skills: ability to guide, motivate, and inspire others
- Excellent communication skills--written/verbal, keeps others informed, involves the right people in decision making, is proactive and displays strong initiative
- Has the ability to envision processes and procedures to address working dynamics within the group
Nice to Have:
• Previous experience with interviewing and hiring
• Experience in Customer facing roles
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.