Senior Sales Account Manager
As a Senior Sales Account Manager, you will sell engineering and scientific software and related services such as consulting and product training to large aerospace accounts. Responsibilities include developing relationships with existing customers, as well as identifying and developing new business. You will work closely with the account team, technical experts, and marketing to bring the full range of MathWorks product and service offerings to the customer. The qualified candidate should have experience selling complex software solutions into aerospace accounts or a closely related space.
- Generate new business by phone, customer visits, and events
- Develop relationships across the aerospace customer divisions
- Develop and manage a funnel of sales opportunities and activities
- Collaborate closely with the account team, application engineering, and marketing
- Document and report sales activities using CRM tool (Salesforce)
- Attain monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals for new software licenses, and professional services
- Expand MathWorks market presence and reputation within the territory
- Prioritize and qualify leads generated by the selling team, marketing, and sales support
- Prospect for new business opportunities within the sales territory
- Prepare required sales documentation (e.g. trip reports, proposals, and territory plans)
- Gain access to and influence the appropriate decision makers in managing sales opportunities
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Experience with software sales
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or mathematics
- Successful track record in complex software solutions sales
- Knowledge and experience with the Aerospace & Defense industry
- Experience balancing volume and strategic sales
- Demonstrated success managing a sales territory and using a CRM system
- Experience working with application engineers and sales support resources
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.