Principal Application Engineer - Technical Account Manager
Do you want to partner with leading semiconductor companies to help shape their workflows and design methodologies? In this technical sales role, you will impact these companies by driving the adoption of the MathWorks solutions for Technical Computing and Model-Based Design. Partner with engineers and management as a trusted technical advisor to help them advance their ability to make data driven business decisions and improve their product development processes.
Leverage your industry experience and technical expertise in machine learning, deep learning, modeling and simulation, embedded software, wireless communication, or FPGA/ASIC/SoC hardware development and verification to understand customer workflows and communicate how MathWorks products can accelerate the pace of their development and innovation. You will work closely with leading semiconductor customers who develop an array of products including analog/mixed-signal systems, wireless products, autonomous systems, and more.
This position is located in Santa Clara, CA and travel could potentially be up to 40%, generally throughout North America.
- Collaborate with sales representatives, other technical specialists, and marketing stakeholders at MathWorks in creating and executing an overall account development plan.
- Engage with prospective customers (from engineers to executives) to understand their workflows and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks tools address customer needs.
- Coordinate with other technical specialists to address customer needs in specialized application areas.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Identify new application areas and working with development and marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience working at or directly interfacing to a semiconductor OEM
- Experience with analog/mixed-signal or wireless development processes
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal development processes
- Technical sales experience
- Experience with machine/deep learning, audio system development, or image processing is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.