Application Engineer - FPGA, ASIC and SoC Design
Join MathWorks as a pre-sales engineer in the area hardware/software co-design, simulation and implementation.
You will shape the way industry develops their next-generation products through the use of modeling, simulation and C/HDL automatic code generation. By partnering with customers from various industries, you will help them advance their ability to develop, analyze and implement complex systems.
In this pre-sales role, you will leverage your experience to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks solutions. You will spend most of your time working with customers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing their systems.
- Collaborate with our sales organization and provide guidance to our customers in the areas of code-generation technologies (C and VHDL/Verilog).
- Work with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to give sound recommendations on how solutions from MathWorks can improve the results of customer product development processes.
- Manage product evaluations - Prospective customers may require guidance on how to evaluate our products to prove their value within the constructs of a feasibility project.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and demonstrations at both small customer meetings and to larger audiences at public and private events.
- Partner with sales representatives to provide inputs for selling strategies toward successful achievement of sales goals.
- Work closely with the worldwide MathWorks application engineering, development, and marketing organizations to further improve products, to identify new application areas based on customer interactions, and to develop accurate and compelling messaging targeting the marketplace.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Prior experience with HDL coding and synthesizing for FPGA-based hardware, as well as C code programming.
- Knowledge of Xilinx and Intel EDA tools, HDL simulators such as ModelSim, and SoC based architectures like Zynq.
- Experience with mixed-signal system design and verification, and/or SDR design is a plus.
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink and HDL Coder is a plus.
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers in a competitive sales environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and French.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 30% of the time. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.