Senior Cloud Engineer
As we progress toward an automated infrastructure environment, we are expanding our team. This role will be responsible for designing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting cloud solutions across private and public infrastructure. A successful candidate with have deep experience in cloud along with demonstrated technical leadership both within and across organizations. Experience in a DevOps or SRE environment and automation with infrastructure as code methodology is a must. As an individual contributor, the candidate will need to be able to handle multiple priorities, communicate well, and demonstrate leadership in a technical setting.
- Designing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting cloud solutions across private and public infrastructure.
- Advancing the teams’ efforts in automation by injecting your existing automation knowledge and leading an effort to adopt infrastructure as code and other modern methodologies.
- Acting as a technical lead for visible and complex projects, advocating for solutions across organizational boundaries.
- Being an active participant in setting direction and strategy for the team and its products / services.
- Mentoring your technical peers.
- Creating and delivering knowledge sharing presentations and documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Learning on the job and exploring new technologies.
- Rotating on-call support of production infrastructure and applications.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with public cloud platforms - Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and /or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with scripting (Python preferred) and automation tools (Ansible preferred).
- At least 3 years in a technical peer leadership role.
- Experience with source control systems (Gitpreferred) and CI / CD pipelines.
- Experience with Terraform, Azure ARM, AWS Cloud Formation, Cloudbolt, SovLabs
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes container orchestration.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, specifically VMware and/or OpenStack.
- Experience with VMware vSAN or other SDS (Software Defined Storage).
- Experience with VMware NSX or other SDN (Software Defined Networking).
- Experience with Linux administration - Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS, Debian.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.