Senior C++ Software Engineer
- Job: 28018-GMAR
- Location: US-MA-Natick
- Department: Product Development
Come join a company that is consistently recognized as one of the best high-tech companies to work for, and work with a team of hardworking engineers committed to building foundations for a suite of ground breaking software tools used in modelling, simulating, and deploying complex multi-domain systems.
- Work with an enthusiastic and energetic core team,
- Leverage leading-edge features and practices of modern C++ such as generic and generative programming,
- Rearchitect the strategic core of our massive codebase as an elegant and sophisticated library for feature development,
- Engage Simulink feature development teams and guide them towards scalable, maintainable, and high-performance implementations via your libraries,
- Start with a focus on internal representation of the graphical Simulink language, graph-like abstractions, graph transformations, traceability and annotation of entities; and move on to become a strategic member of the core team to contribute other areas.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with software development
- Experience with C++
- Enthusiasm for modern and evolving C++
- Experience with Boost, STL and other C++ modern libraries is highly desired
- Experience with large-scale code bases and proven ability to deliver high-quality code
- Knowledge of graph algorithms and generic programming is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.