Senior Indirect Sourcing Manager, Technology
MathWorks is looking for a Senior Sourcing Manager to develop a sourcing strategy to support a global organization. Join a team that guides business area managers to leverage software investments to improve workflows and the user experience for MathWorks staff worldwide. Experience in business software sourcing, licensing, deployment, and usage is key for this role. Utilize your ability to create internal/external senior-level relationships with the goal of evolving the sourcing strategy for software business applications required by MathWorks. The focus will be on providing sourcing expertise to the expanding software cloud services that are being provided by suppliers. Technical and business acumen in software licensing is a necessity.
- Define and manage MathWorks sourcing strategy for business application software including cloud. Manage contract negotiation, procurement process, and deployment analysis to drive efficiency.
- Develop a systematic workflow to manage proposals, renewals, and total cost of ownership. Work with business areas and Finance to provide detailed usage analysis.
- Partner with IT professionals, subject matter experts and senior managers on technology deployment.
- Influence technology selection through stakeholder partnerships, market intelligence, benchmarks, supplier road-mapping, contract terms and MathWorks long-term strategy.
- Drive supplier technology quality and support performance, ensuring continuity of service, cost competitiveness and overall capability.
- Become a supplier relationship manager for respective applications.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- A bachelor's degree and 10 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Master’s degree in engineering, business, or closely related field a plus
- Experience in developing and managing business workflows
- Ability to perform cost analysis and data modeling with finance professionals.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and nurturing key stakeholder relationships
- Usage of sourcing application software a plus.
- CPSM/CPM a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.