Create Custom UI Components
Create your own custom UI components to use in your apps or to share with others.
You can use custom components to extend existing UI component functionality, to
break up large apps into independent and maintainable pieces, and to design an
interface for users to customize and reuse a component across multiple apps. Create
custom components interactively in App Designer or programmatically by creating a
subclass of the
ComponentContainer base class. In both cases, you
can configure your components to be used interactively in App Designer apps.
|Base class for developing custom UI component objects (Since R2020b)
Create Components in App Designer
- Create a Simple Custom UI Component in App Designer
Walk through the basic steps to interactively create a simple custom UI component.
- Create Public Properties for Custom UI Components in App Designer
Create and validate custom UI component property values by specifying data types, default values, and property validation functions.
- Create Callbacks for Custom UI Components in App Designer
Create public callbacks for your custom UI component that can be used to program the component behavior in an app.
- Define Custom UI Component Startup Tasks in App Designer
Perform one-time startup tasks when a custom UI component is first created in an app.
- Verify Behavior of Custom UI Components in App Designer
Verify that the public properties, callbacks, and display of your component appear and behave as expected.
- Write Property Set Methods for Custom UI Components in App Designer
Perform custom validation of public properties by writing set methods for those properties.
- Create Event Data for Custom UI Component Callbacks
Define event data associated with a callback that provides information about a user interaction.
- Write Tests for Custom UI Component
Write automated tests to verify the behavior of a custom UI component.
Create Components Programmatically
- Develop Custom UI Components Programmatically
Walk through the basic steps to author a custom UI component class using MATLAB® functions.
- Manage Properties of Custom UI Components Programmatically
Validate property values, optimize how properties update, and customize how properties display for the UI components you author.
- Create Custom UI Component With HTML
Use HTML UI components to author custom UI component classes with more flexibility.
Use and Share Components
- Configure Custom UI Components for App Designer
Enable interactive use of your custom UI components in App Designer.
- Configure Property Display for Custom UI Components in App Designer
Design public properties of your component to enable users to easily use the component in an App Designer app.