Derive classes from built-in classes to define specialized data types that extend the operations you can perform on a particular class of data. The subclass inherits the built-in class methods and behaviors and can add new methods to perform specialized operations.
Heterogeneous Class Hierarchy
- A Class Hierarchy for Heterogeneous Arrays
Heterogeneous class hierarchies enable you to form arrays of different, but related classes.
Subclasses of Built-In Types
- Subclasses of MATLAB Built-In Types
Extend MATLAB® built-in classes by deriving from these fundamental data types.
- Behavior of Inherited Built-In Methods
Subclass built-in classes to extend the behavior of functions that operate on that type of data.
- Use of size and numel with Classes
numelfunctions work with user-defined classes.
Sample Classes Derived from Built-in Classes
- Subclasses of Built-In Types Without Properties
Class can derive from a built-in class without defining properties and new behaviors.
- Subclasses of Built-In Types with Properties
Classes that derive from built-in classes and define properties must define array behaviors for those classes.
- Representing Hardware with Classes
This example of a class derived from a built-in numeric class inherits useful behaviors.
- Enumerations Derived from Built-In Classes
Enumeration classes derived from built-in types inherit behaviors from these types.