The Target Framework enables you to define target hardware characteristics and
integrate tools with MATLAB® and Simulink®. Using classes from the
target package, capture target hardware or software platform
information for MathWorks software. You can use the information to:
Replicate target hardware behavior in model simulations.
Customize or optimize MathWorks product functionality for hardware and software platforms.
Integrate the target hardware with third-party or custom software tools.
For example, you can use the
target package to provide
connectivity between Simulink and your target hardware for external mode simulations.
|Manage target hardware and build tool information (Since R2019a)|
- Using the Target Framework
An overview of the Target Framework.
- Register New Hardware Devices
Extend the range of supported hardware by registering new devices.
- Generate Native Half-Precision C Code from Simulink Models (Fixed-Point Designer)
Generate C code for embedded hardware targets that natively supports half precision floating-point data types.
- Create Custom CMake Toolchain Definition
Capture high-level information about CMake-based toolchain and the target hardware it supports.
- Set Up External Mode Connectivity Between Simulink and Target Hardware
targetpackage to provide connectivity between Simulink and target hardware.
- Define Custom Emulator for Target Connectivity
Provide connectivity for target emulator.